The Owen Book Fair is Back!
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! We are thrilled that we will be able to hold an in-person fair and provide an online experience for families as well. During LMC classes last week, all students received a Scholastic flyer- with new/popular titles that will be at the book fair, a paper with all the important details about the book fair, and a handout about paying with e-wallets. Please click here to access these handouts.
* Book Fair (in-person and online) November 12th-19th
* Over 6,000 books products
* 50% of your purchase goes to Owen
* Online book fair orders have free shipping (with orders of $25 or more)
* E-wallets can be used for a truly “paperless” experience
Between November 12th and November 15th, students will come down to the book fair with their class and fill out a “wish list”. This will be a list of the books they’d like to purchase and their prices. It will give you information about calculating taxes and using e-wallets as well.
Between November 16th and November 19th, students and families will have the opportunity to purchase books from the book fair. There are several options for this:
* Students may purchase during their class’s chosen time slot
* Purchases can also be made during other open time slots during the school day (teacher discretion)
* Families may shop the book fair during conferences - Thursday, November 18th between 4:30-8:00pm.
* Alternatively, families may also shop the online book fair at: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/owen_school
We would love your help at the book fair. There are two ways you can help:
* Volunteering- If you would like to assist with set-up and/or fair tear-down, please go to: Go to: https://tinyurl.com/volunteerowen
*** Due to our current transmission level, all volunteers will need to show proof of vaccination and fill out an Owen volunteer form upon arrival. ***
* Donating- If you would like to make a donation so all Owen students can enjoy and experience the book fair, please go to: Go to: https://tinyurl.com/donateowen
Mrs. Conrath and I have been thrilled with the generosity and participation in the “Owen Birthday Book Program”. It has helped us to provide more diverse, high-interest books for our students while celebrating each student’s special day! We received feedback that the links provided to sign up for the program were a little difficult to type, so a digital version of the flyer with scannable QR codes can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Thank you for supporting our students, literacy, the LMC, and our school.
Steve Sabovik - LMC Director